What is Aqua Paws?
Physical therapy is not just for humans anymore! Canine rehabilitation provides many of the same benefits for dogs. The purpose of canine rehabilitation is to help your dog regain and maintain functional ability, optimize movement of all body parts, manage pain and improve quality of life. Canine rehabilitation treatment principles and techniques come from the proven science of human physical therapy.
GOALS OF REHABILITATION
- Increased rate of recovery from injury and surgery
- Prevent additional injury due to compensation
- Pain reduction
- Increased strength and range of motion
- Restore and maintain normal movement patterns
- Build muscle mass during recovery from injury or surgery
- Allow safe and controlled activity during the recovery period
- Increase cardiovascular fitness
- Improve balance and proprioception
- Performance enhancement and injury prevention for working and athletic dogs
- Improved quality of life
- Improved functional abilities
- Weight loss